How to Make Garlic Powder at Home: 5 Easy Steps
Garlic powder is one of the most versatile vegetables around, and it tastes great in just about anything. Not to mention, it’s a great addition to any diet. If you love garlic but don’t know How to make or want to use a lot of it, you can make at home using simple steps. In this article, we will walk you through the process of making , from gathering the ingredients to grinding them up into a fine powder. So whether you’re looking for Ginger Powder Price In Pakistan & a healthier way to cook with garlic or just want some extra flavor in your food, make at home using our easy steps.
What You’ll Need
In order to make it at home, you will need:
-1 head of garlic
-a food processor or blender
-paper towels or a cloth to clean the blades
How to Make Garlic Powder
Making your own garlic powder is easy and can save you a lot of money. Here are the steps:
1) Start by washing and cutting up a head of garlic. Peel off the skin, then slice the garlic into thin rounds.
2) Spread the garlic slices out on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until they are very lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook them; they should still be somewhat firm when you remove them from the oven.
3) Allow the roasted garlic slices to cool slightly, then transfer them to a food processor or blender. Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 cup sugar if desired. Pulse until the mixture is finely ground.
4) Use as needed in recipes or store it in an airtight container in a cool place for up to six months.
Tips for Making Garlic Powder Easier to Use
Making garlic powder is a breeze when you follow these easy steps.
1) Start with whole cloves of garlic. If the clove is large, cut it in half or quarters before proceeding.
2) Remove the center of the clove, exposing the cloves.
3) Use a food processor or mortar and pestle to crush the garlic cloves until they are a fine powder. For extra fine garlic powder, you can also use a spice grinder.
4) Store it in an airtight container in a cool place, such as your pantry. It will last for up to 6 months.
What to Do with Garlic Powder
If you have a garlic clove that’s not being used, or if you just want to make a bit of garlic powder for seasoning, there are a few easy steps you can take at home. First, cut the garlic clove in half so that you have two separate pieces. Then, use a knife to scrape off the rough outer layer of the clove. Finally, chop the garlic cloves into small pieces using a sharp knife. Simply mix together the chopped garlic cloves with some salt or other herbs (optional).
How to Store Garlic Powder
Start by peeling and crushing garlic cloves. You should end up with about 1/3 cup of crushed garlic. Then, mix the powder with enough salt to taste. Store the powder in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Recipe Ideas with Garlic Powder
Garlic powder is a great way to add flavor to your cooking without adding any fat or calories. Here are some recipe ideas :
• Garlic Parmesan Potato Chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut potatoes into thin chips and spread them on a baking sheet. Drizzle garlic powder over top and bake for 30 minutes, until crispy.
• Garlic Hummus: In a food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Serve with pita chips or crudités for dipping.
• Garlic-Stuffed Mushrooms: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Clean and slice mushrooms 1 inch thick. Spread a layer of ricotta cheese in the bottom of each mushroom cap. Top with minced garlic and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
• Garlic-Seared Steak: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook for 3 minutes per side or until browned. Sprinkle with garlic powder before serving.
It is one of those ingredients that you always seem to have a bit too much of. But fear not – with these simple steps, you can easily make your own at home! Not only will this save you money, but it also ensures that you are using is fresh and free from harmful additives. So why not give it a try? You won’t regret it! Read our blog for more